Conversations Groups are part of the English Language Learning Improvement Service (ELLIS) and are provided by competent volunteer tutors who are happy to assist customers who want to learn. They will:
- Familiarise users with the collection's independent learning resources and equipment by referring to the Information Desk staff
- provide assistance with various aspects of English language
- assist with advice on pronunciation and understanding Australian idiom
- refer customers to other organisations where needs cannot be met by ELLIS.
Join a session
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Wait near Bray Room 1.
- Please stay for the whole session.
- Turn mobile phone off or to silent.
- Leave the room if you need to answer a call - note you risk forfeiting your place in the session.
Things to know
- The conversation group tutor wears a red lanyard.
- These groups are mixed level.
- There may be a different topic addressed each week.
- There is a maximum of 19 participants per group.
- These groups are not offered on public holidays.
- Check the State Librarys of SA's facebook page to stay informed of any changes.
Conversation Tutors roster May 2017
John & Sally 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm
| Tuesday morning
Indrani 10:15 am to 12:00 pm
| Tuesday evening
Imtiaz 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm**
**no group 23rd & 30th May
| Wednesday afternoon
Angela 4:15 pm to 5:30 pm
| Thursday afternoon
No tutor in May
| Friday afternoon
Rob 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm