Computers & IT services
We provide a range of computer-based services for all our visitors.
Windows PC computers are available for public use and have applications such as Microsoft Office and graphics programs.
What you can do with our computers
We have computers available which offer a range of options for your needs:
- search our catalogues
- use our Research or Family History computers that provide access to our Family History databases
- spend time on your own personal studies
- access the Internet, check your email or perhaps visit your favourite social networking sites
- bring along and use your own USB device, flash drive or CD
- access our self-serve digital scanners
- use one of our specially designated English Language learning software computers.
- Express computers are limited to half an hour.
- Other computer may be booked for up to 2 hours per day.
- There is no limit to search State Library catalogue computers.
- For an equitable access to computers for all users, there is a total limit of 2 hours per day per person.
Book a computer
- You'll need a State Library Resources card.
- You can book a computer when you are in the Library or by phoning us on: 8207 7250.
Become a member of the State Library
It's easy to become a member of the State Library, you can either:
- Visit the Information Desk and our staff will assist you to register, provide you with a library card and show you how to book a computer through the automated booking system.
- Register online for a Library Card
Printing & adding credit to your library card
For a small cost, you can use your library card for printing and photocopying via our networked printers.
For high quality printing you can send items to the State Library Copy Centre. Ask our staff at the Information Desk for more information.
You can add credit to your library card at any of our pay stations to access printing and photocopying services.
Using a computer without booking
We offer 14 computers which provide access to our catalogue and website only. These may be used without booking.
Computer usage policy