Community Information Policy - distribution & display
Do you have community information that you'd like to display or make available to the public at the State Library?
If so, you will need to read the following Community Information Policy:
The State Library displays a limited amount of general interest community information which is made available to the public. We decide what can and can't be displayed using the following criteria:
We CAN display:
- Promotional leaflets and brochures for arts, literary and cultural events.
- Educational programs, seminars and information (TAFE, WEA, Tertiary institutions, Library related interest groups).
- Health, legal and environmental information.
- Government services information.
- Adelaide Review and City Messenger newspapers.
- Rip It Up and DB music papers.
- Seniors information.
We CAN'T display:
- Personal and commercial advertising, including personal notices.
- Information that criticises the Government of the day or government agencies.
- Political and electioneering material.
- Material that is defamatory, obscene and/or offensive.
Where do I leave or send community information?
You can either leave the community information at the Information Desk, or mail it to:
State Library of South Australia
GPO Box 419
Adelaide SA 5001
Once we have decided whether we can display the information, you will be notified of the outcome.